Friday, January 16, 2009

Here we go again…

With all the freaking tests but I guess I need to get used to them. From the sounds of what Dr. H told me on Monday, I will be getting these types of tests every 3 – 6 months for quiet some time.
The surgeon visit was kind of pointless yesterday – except for the fact that when she felt Bill, she said she couldn’t even find him!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good news there. Other than that, she told me about the tests I will need before we do surgery. The lump node removal still seems to be the most difficult part of the surgery – I guess I will see.
I am scheduled for a lumpectomy and lump node removal January 30th at 5:30 in the morning. Mom is going to come to take me to the hospital and then Eric will be home for Ian’s normal routine and then he will come to the hospital also. Surgery should last 2 ½ - 3 hours and I will be under general with a tube in my throat – ugh.
In the meantime, I have to get another mammogram, ultrasound and PIM scan (the one where they inject radioactive die in me and I can’t be around Ian for 12 hours) all before the 30th.
But than that, I am doing well enough. I feel better today – yesterday I felt like sh*t but I kept telling myself, this is the last like sh*t day I will have from chemo! Man alive, am I glad chemo is over!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Glad Bill is outta there!

so will you be good to go on your cruise in Feb?