Tuesday, October 23, 2018

2 years since Bone Marrow Transplant

I really cannot believe that it has been 2 years since my first of 4 days straight of heavy duty chemo before my bone marrow transplant.

I have been looking back videos I recorded and posts I wrote these past few days.

To say that I have come a LONG way would be an understatement. A huge understatement.

There were days after my transplant when it was all I could do to get up and use the restroom. There were days when I couldn’t swallow without almost crying from the pain in my throat and mouth. There were days I pooped in my bed because my stomach was a wreck and I couldn’t get up fast enough. There were many, many days I lived off of milk shakes because there was no way I could eat actual food. There were days I cried. 

But there have been SO many more great days verses all those bad days.

I do still have GVH (graft verses host) flair ups. Although I haven’t had one in about 3 months!! 

I still battle with my energy levels. I am in bed by 8 (at the latest), but I am able to get up around 6:15 with the family.

I have gotten on and off the exercise wagon too many times to count, BUT I am on it now so I am good!

All in all - 2 years post bone marrow transplant is wonderful! 

I will forever be grateful to Dr. Barryman for taking a chance on me and my crazy case. 

My mom for staying with me for 2 months at the hospital and apartment while in Dallas.

I can’t even describe how thankful I am to my donor. He literally gave me a new life. 










2 comments:

MATINA said...

I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

James Gates said...

This is a great bllog