Monday, September 17, 2018

Goodbye K

Last one standing 


It isn’t something I am proud of.

It isn’t something I ever prayed for.

It isn’t something I am really able to wrap my mind around.


K was the last of my core group of us living with Metastatic Breast Cancer (MBC).


I met K about 6 months after I was diagnosed Metastatic.  


She was Metastatic right from the get go, and she had about 6 months in the ring before I was thrown in too.


When I was told I was Metastatic, someone told me that I needed to get in touch with K because we were both moms with young kids and about the same age.


I honestly don’t remember the first time we met.


This is probably making K laugh out loud right now as I write.


She always knew my medical records better than I did. We would go to meetings and she was a pillar of support to all of us and a well read wealth of knowledge.


She stayed up to date with all the research findings and shared with us in hopes of making us all feel better about the same boat we were all riding in.


Outside of L4 meetings (MBC support group put on by BCRC) talk much about cancer. We talked about life - what was going on with our kids, husbands, projects we were working on - normal life stuff. 


Of course we did talk about cancer when we had to...scans, how we felt on whatever treatment, who was/wasn’t doing well - I guess the “normal stuff” living with an incurable disease brings up from time to time.


I told K along time ago that I was done making cancer friends. She said she was too. We had seen/felt/been crushed too many times in the past few years.


OH K - I will miss you dearly. I will miss your snarky comments that made me laugh. I will miss you being my personal medical chart I could ask what all chemos I had been on and us laugh about the fact you were in charge of all my crap. I will miss your friendly face that always invited anyone in to talk to you. I will miss your compassionate heart. 



I will miss you my friend.


Love you 

1 comment:

MATINA said...

I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.