Monday, May 11, 2015

Becoming real...and scary

I was going through reading some entries from my book, “Renee in Cancerland” trying to decide what few entries I should read at my upcoming book party.

But man alive, reading this book is like a magic time machine for me that takes me back into the hurricanes of my life.  I used to say I didn't know why people would continue to live where hurricanes are possible, but I get it know…because that is their life and they love it there.

Honestly though, I am scared.

What if no one other than my friends/family want this book?

I want to say I will be OK with that, but honestly I will be heartbroken. I want others to read this, hold it above their head and shout, “HELL YES! I can do this too.” But I realize, just because that is how I would/did respond to cancer crap doesn’t mean others will too…or even want too.

Then I question myself on my ability to spread the word of my book organically? I mean, I really don’t know what I am doing when it comes to social media.

I know I put on an “ahh, if it works it works and if it doesn't it doesn't” face, but I really, really, REALLY want it to word...to reach others and help them too.


I guess just like other things in my like, I will go into this with high hopes and deal with the after when it comes?!?!

No comments: