Thursday, January 8, 2015

Proverbs 16:24


Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body.
This was my verse in the Daily Word, and I really could take this one in and feel it.

I am learning how to use only pleasant words when I am talking to myself. What - she talks to herself you might be wondering?!?!

But yes, I do talk to myself and too much of the time I speak with harsh judgment:

I don't know how to do the whole thing - so why start?
Well that didn't work...again...is it ever going to work?

You get the drift.

I have been trying HARD to catch all these throughout the day and replace the judgment with love.

I did it today and I am proud.
I didn't feel great today (THANKS allergies!) and instead of wallowing in my head and telling myself all the stuff I wasn't getting done, I replaced it with love for myself.

It is a different feeling...
A great feeling.

No comments: