Monday, July 28, 2014

Why not??


I just received an email from my mother-in-law that hit me right in heart:

A note of appreciation of family!!   Thank you one and all for keeping our lives interesting, (in a very good way), keeping us in touch with each of you and your families (though distance is getting in the way at times!)   We appreciate the love and concern you show for each other and for us.   We consider ourselves especially blessed to have each of you.... (and by now hopefully anyone who was an "in-law" should realize you are our children just as much as if you had our genes!)

So, there, ....feeling thankful and ready to take a walk on a beautiful morning with a very special favorite person and special dog.    Guess the gorgeous sunrise this morning has made me super appreciative!

THIS people is what I am talking about.
Why don’t we do this more often?

Why don’t we tell each other the love we have for them ALL THE TIME?
Why do we feel  if we do that, it makes us weak?

Why do we feel we have to be strong and in control all the time?
I am over it.

I am getting better at it – at expressing my love to all in all situations – but I am not going to lie and say it is easy.

It isn’t. 
There is a fear of rejection craved into me. It wasn’t done be any one person, but more the world. Unfortunately, I feel that most people have something like this carved into them as well.

Let’s all try to putty over the line carved in us to make us whole again.

No comments: