Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Good bye my friend

“I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to reach my destination.”
Jimmy Dean

One of my girls who I have been on this whole cancer land adventure with this whole time passed away last night from f*cking cancer.

I can say so much and so little right now about it all.

As in large group of people, there was a smaller group…us 3.  All around 35, stage 4 breast cancer, fun loving girls trying the live our lives without cancer getting too much in the way.
We did it…we all did it for 2 ½ years until now we aren’t all doing it anymore.

It all happened so fast.
Casey was beautiful and had a smile that would light up a room.

We would make totally inappropriate comments to each other about cancer and laugh.
The first time we actually met in person we had been texting and emailing each other for a long time, so when we finally got to meet and hug, it seemed like I was seeing a really great friend who just lived out of town.

I wish I could take the pain away from her husband, family and friends.

I wish I didn’t have to think about these wishes.

Casey my friend – I love you and I will miss you.

No comments: