Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Story of my life - 250 words or less

Born on May 13, 1978, in Amarillo, Texas. Mom and dad divorced when I was 4.5, lived with my mom and sister, and 2 step sisters who lived with my dad and step mom. Went to college at West Texas A&M, graduated with degree in communications, moved to Austin for my first “real” job. Met my husband on match.com at 25, married at 27, son at 29, cancer at 30, became stay at home mom at 31, cancer back at 32 – learned it was here for the long haul – stage 4 breast cancer moved to lungs, bones, lymph nodes. I really found my faith & strength at 34 after 2ND brain surgery and I was pretty sure I was going to die.

I am an artist, writer, mommy, wife, sister, friend, daughter and everything in between.

My goal here on earth is to spread love and hope and show others how to do the same. That little acts of daily love can and do add up to a life time of love – a love that can be shared with the world.
And what the world needs now - love, sweet love.
 
To visit other blogs doing this challenge visit here (who is hosting this great idea!)

5 comments:

Kara Renee said...

You know, I lived in Louisiana for a good half of my life, but hardly ever made it over to Texas! I hope you're loving your life in every possible way! Can't wait to keep up with you through this insane challenge. ;)

Rowena said...

Lovely post for day 1, it seems like you have had it tough! I was born in 1978 too. Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

Unknown said...

I know right I've never written for 30 days straight in my life

Unknown said...

I think this challenge is going to be great to get me to dug deep! I have had a rough few years, but the good totally outweighs the bad! Good luck on your challenge...I am excited to read everyone's stuff

Monica said...

I love your outlook on tour goal! You're achieving it every day.