Wednesday, May 6, 2009

It is the small things

In life that really make me happy these days. With me now out of work (GASP – I still get a knot in my stomach thinking that I won’t personally be bringing any money home but know what I will be doing instead is much more precious than money ( IHOPE!?!?!) – no, really, I do know this.
ANYWAY – I have really evaluated my life lately and realized that the things that do make me happy have nothing to do with money or what money can buy. My birthday is coming up and I have had several people ask me what I want for my birthday and I can’t think of one tangible item to tell them. Last year had you asked me what I wanted, I would have list of stuff that I want but this year, honestly all I want is my period to return – sorry if any boys are actually reading this – I have no idea who reads this anymore?!?! I want my energy to be back where it was a year ago, I want Ian to be happy and healthy, I want Eric to know how much I love him, I want to start showing people in my life how important they are to me without expecting anything in return and I want to start exercising again and feel that rush of accomplishment after completely a difficult class.
I started this post with completely different intentions then how that first paragraph formed – odd how that happens. So back to the small things – I have two major first yesterday that again a year ago would have seemed “normal” but yesterday there were huge for me – One, I got up around 7:20 (yes, I know this sounds late to most but I had been sleeping until 9:30 or 10 while Eric’s parents were here) and didn’t take a nap! I did lay down and read for an hour and then was done doing stuff last night around 7:30 and read until 10 but no nap – so yeah, my energy is coming back!! And two – I was able to wear a bra yesterday – HIP HIP HORRAY!!! It felt really good - the girls look much better with a little support. I am almost done peeling and decided yesterday I was done enough to wear a bra. And with that, I am thinking in about a week I should be able to wear a sports bra again and then I will be able to start working out – so I guess my birthday wishes are all coming true even before my birthday!

1 comment:

Beth said...

I'm still reading! :) Those are 2 great things to happen, well, if I didn't work I think I would like to sleep past 7:20 ;) I hope that some of your birthday wishes come true! Aren't you joining a gym soon? You'll have a challenging class before you know it!