Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The puzzle is coming together

I heard from my oncologist today and I think she was more excited than I was to hear that my DRC test came back negative. Now, what does that mean you are wondering? Well, it is wonderfully fantastic news! It means I do NOT carry the “cancer gene” so I don’t have to pencil in “ovary removal” into my calendar now or in the future.

I am still recovering from the porta-cath and biopsy today. My left shoulder and peck feels like Eric made lift way heavier weights than I would want to while working out. And you don’t realize how much you use your peck muscle until you have had a plastic line strung threw it. I still haven’t removed the bandage from it, so I don’t know what it is going to look like. I told Jill I would take a picture and post it once I do remove the bandage. So there is something for everyone to look forward to!

I still can’t pick up Ian which is so incredibly hard - especially when he runs up to me and puts his head in my legs. However Eric is so great with him and keeps him occupied while I sit on the side lines and watch them play. Ian’s new favorite game is, chase and toss. Eric will ask, where is Ian and Ian gets in an almost football stance and is ready for Eric to chase and tickle and toss him around. Watching that made me feel better than any pain medicine will ever make me feel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoo-hoo! Great news, Renee!
We're celebrating with you guys!

Anonymous said...

That is such great news! I am so thankful!
Anna